Turbotax, the tax calculation software works perfectly on all windows and Mac computers. If you are looking to upgrade your computer, you don’t have to worry about the compatibility of this tax software. It will definitely work with the new and latest operating system.
To make life easier, you can easily install Turbotax on your new PC and transfer the date from the previous PC to the new one. Why is it important to transfer the data? It’s because, you need to have a grip on the tax calculations and ensure you don’t have to prepare all the tax calculations from the scratch.
Is it hectic to transfer Turbotax from one PC to another?
If you are not computer savvy, you may think it’s complicated but it’s not! You can easily transfer data from the old PC to the new one with the help of CD or USB flash drive. You don’t have to email the reports and you don’t have to print them and manually transfer it back to the new PC.
So, let’s check out how you can transfer the accounting data and reports from one PC to the other with ease.
Prior to transferring the data, you need to first install the TurboTax software on your new PC. For doing this, follow the steps below:
- To install Turbotax in the new PC, you need to shutdown all the running programs, disable firewall settings and anti-virus which may hinder the installation.
- You can use the Installation disk or the downloaded copy
- Click on ‘Run Setup.exe’
- If you are downloading the copy of TurboTax online, you need to double click on the installer
- Click on ‘Next’ and then click on ‘I Agree to the End User License Agreement’
- Click on ‘Change’ and select a folder different from Downloads and install the software wherever you want them to be saved
- The next step is to Unchecked the button ‘Sure, count me in if you are not willing to send any of the anonymous performance limits for perceiving’
- Click on ‘Install’ and install the software
Just within five minutes, the installation process would be completed and you have the software installed on your new pc.
Steps to transfer your TurboTax Data to the new PC
- Launch or open the TurboTax on your old computer
- Open the tax return file and click on the option ‘File’ and select the option ‘Save As’
- Select a destination folder and add a new name to the backup file and Click on ‘Save’ for exporting your tax return after which you can exit the program
- Transfer the backup file to the new computer
- After copying the files to the new computer, you can just double-click on the files and continue working on it.
Does it sound easy? It actually is! But if you face any issues during the installation process and if you are not able to transfer the data, you may simply get in touch with the experts who can troubleshoot any problem with the software and fix the problems.